Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day TDC

I would  like to wish the whole of my dance family a truly Happy Mother's Day.

My own mother cannot go unmentioned here.  She is the most kind, gentle, intuitive, loving soul I know.  I will thank her in person for how she goes above and beyond for me, my husband and my sons.  Here, I would like to thank her, certainly not for the first time,  for the gift of dance lessons.  With that, she facilitated and then continued to support an activity allowing me a relationship with the second most influential woman in my life, my wonderful dance teacher.   I am at a loss for words as to how to fully quantify the effects of Miss Diane Gudat's existence in my life.  As pertains to dance,  she "raised me." She is my "dance mother."  I now own the school she founded; dance literally is my life.  If you are reading this, you likely already know that, but if not, it doesn't take long to figure it out.  To say she was "Influential" would be an understatement.  She showered on me, as she does all of her students her love of dance and sharing that love.  She shared her passion, knowledge, creativity, insane sense of humor, light-hearted approach and charismatic personality, over countless hours of my life and built me into the continually evolving and growing "dance being" I am today.  Thank you Miss Diane for the gift.

TDC Moms!!!! You all rock! Thank you for sharing your children with us.  Thank you for the value you place on a dance education in a child's life.  Thank you for appreciating and choosing us, for what we do.  Yesterday the Elite Ensemble members had a 7:30am call for competition day and the advanced dancers were still dancing at midnight.  This is actually a tame example of the commitment many of these dancers, and hence forth, their parents, have to make to a competitive weekend.  I want to thank that special group of Dance Moms (and Dads!), who are NOTHING like those ones on TV.  They are pleasant, supportive, helpful, committed, non-drama creating people.  Enjoy your no Sunday competition Mother's Day weekend.  Thank you for sharing part of it with me, and with smiles.

It only stands to reason from such great parents, would come great kids.  Some of these dancers spend 10 or more hours a week in the studio.  Many I have watched grow since they were three.  I am so proud of the dance beings they are becoming.  I feel each one of these beautiful, unique souls are my "dance children." I wish to give them experiences from The Dance Company that will positively touch and enhance their lives as mine so truly did.   I would like to thank them this Mother's Day, for being the special member of my dance family that they are.  You make me proud.  You inspire me.   You give me the opportunity to share what was given to me.  You are special and you are loved.

Bragging here on both my sets of kids
Hunter & Hudson, with Daddy, the loves of my life.  
Some of TDCs Ensemble members, very late in the evening after some amazing performances  at Encore Talent Competition.  

No comments:

Post a Comment